Sunday, December 28, 2014

Guest Post: Ashley Nixon

I always want to write something noble--change someone’s life. I had some goals when I started publishing my books they included things like becoming an NYT Bestseller, getting to meet my fans, inspiring others to write. Sometimes I want those things so desperately, I can’t see anything else in life, even when my dreams are coming true right under my nose.
There are a few times when I would look at the big picture--the picture that's always in my head of success, and start getting discouraged and sad. Then one night, I thought of what I had asked for. I'd said "I want my book published." It is published. I’d said “I just want people to love my book.” And people do love my book.  I'd said "I want to inspire people to write." And that very day, a blogger had reviewed my book and told me my book made them want to write.

These things are so significant. And I could have lost them, looked over them in favor of my grand idea of what success looks like. But what I have is success. It's my success and it is beautiful.


I have to remember this often, so I can keep going forward. My dreams have come true in so many wonderful ways. I can't wait to see what else I've asked for come true. I would advise, that any time you’re starting on the path to your dream, write down those moments, those ‘victories’ as I call them. You’ll need them at some point, when things get hard. Because they will. But what matters is that you keep going forward.


About Cutlass:


Notorious pirate Barren Reed has one thing on his mind: Revenge against the man who killed his father. So kidnapping his enemy's fiancé seems a perfect plan…until he actually does it.

Larkin Lee is more than a pretty face and fiancé to a powerful man. Her fierce personality is enough to make any pirate want to push her overboard.

But when the King of the Orient comes to Barren with a task—to find the Bloodstone, a powerful gem thought only to exist in legend, Barren sees another opportunity to destroy his enemy. Together, Barren, Larkin and a crew of pirates set off to find the stone, only to discover it caused the death of Barren’s own mother and Larkin’s, too. As his strongest allies turn into his greatest enemies, and the life of the girl he kidnapped becomes more important than he ever dreamed, Barren’s quest for revenge becomes a fight to save the Orient. 


Amazon

Goodreads

1 comment:

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!