Saturday, April 14, 2012

Review: The Scarlet Dagger


Title: The Scarlet Dagger (# 1 in The Red Sector Chronicles)
Author: Krystle Jones
Page Count: 256
My Rating: 4.5 TURTLES: A really great read, I highly recommend!
Author's Website


Description: (via GoodReads)

After the Eclipse – the night vampires began openly slaughtering human victims – everything changed. Out of fear, the government salvaged what remained of the human population and enclosed them in massive, security-laden cities called White Sectors, while marking the vampire-infested territory as Red Sectors.

When seventeen-year-old Sloane McAllister’s twin brother disappears, she seems to be the only one who thinks he isn’t dead, and vows to stop at nothing to find him. Gathering her courage, she braves the Red Sector to search for clues to his whereabouts. By chance, she encounters Aden, a handsome, charismatic vampire with a hidden agenda. He turns Sloane against her will, and whisks her away to his underground city. Enemies quickly become friends as Sloane struggles against her attraction to Aden, and resists her growing loyalties to the creatures that ruined her life. But the vampires themselves are the least of her problems. The city is harboring a devastating secret, one that could change the tide of the war and threaten to destroy everything Sloane has come to believe in.


Review:

The Scarlet Dagger was a brilliant, fast-paced, well-written beginning to an exciting series. As a reader I don’t usually pick up vampire books, but I am so glad I agreed to review this one.

Sloane is a very strong character with a lot of depth and the story is told in first person through her perspective. Not only did I love reading about her, but loved reading about the supporting characters as well, they all had their own distinct personality.

The plot was very fast-paced and kept me wanting more. The plot twist at the end took me by surprise and am at the edge of my seat in anticipation to read the next installment.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Young Adult Fantasy/Dystopian. It is intense and mysterious and has a gorgeous cover to boot. I can’t wait to see what Krystle Jones will cook up next!


Buy The Scarlet Dagger on Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review for an awesome book. I reviewed this last fall and it ended up getting my "Kat's Meow" award. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it as well. The Scarlet Dagger is one of the first books I rush to recommend to people when they ask me if I've read anything great that they might not have.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!