Saturday, March 31, 2012

Review: Human Blend


Title: Human Blend (book 1 of the Blend Trilogy)
Author: Lori Pescatore
Publisher: Createspace/self-published
My Rating: 4 TURTLES: A great read, I definitely recommend.
Author’s Facebook Page


Description (via Goodreads):

Escaping from them had been difficult enough, now Laney needs to keep hidden. All she wanted was to be on her own. Laney is not like other girls... she has very special abilities that set her apart from others. How or why she came about these abilities is a mystery she has yet to unfold.
Haunted by memories and flashbacks of the suffering she endured at the hands of her captors, she changes her appearance and hides out in a small town. Ignoring her own warnings, she begins a relationship with a local boy.
A young doctor's interest is piqued when he witnesses her mysteriously curing a young child's illness. He befriends her due to his growing fascination with uncovering the true nature of her abilities, but not without harboring secrets of his own.

Review:

Human Blend really grabbed my attention from the beginning. It is very fast paced and the plot takes many twists and turns. I had no idea what was going to happen next! The main character, Laney, who changes her name to Julie, is seeking the normal life she never had, but ends up uncovering more mysteries about herself and the doctor she befriends than she could have imagined. Besides the fact that there was a lot of information about Laney/Julie’s life that was thrown at the reader, I never felt like I was reading any info-dumps, Lori Pescatore did a great job of incorporating the information into the book without just taking paragraphs to describe one particular thing.
My one big vexation with this book was the typos. I don’t mind if there are just a couple, but there were just enough that I found it distracting. Despite that, the story and characters were so engrossing that I did not think I should lower the rating at all.
I would recommend this book to fans of Urban Fantasy, and if you have a hankering for romance, this would be a good title to check out as well.
Human Blend is a great YA Fantasy read and I will definitely be continuing on with the trilogy.

Buy Human Blend on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!