Thursday, September 29, 2011

Endings are Bittersweet



The last two books that I have read have been endings to some of my favorite series. The Return of the King, and Goliath. I am sure pretty much everyone reading this is familiar with the former, but the latter, for those who don't know is the third book in the Leviathan trilogy by Scot Westerfeld. It is a YA Steampunk that I just adore! now I am not going to review either of these, first of all because they are both 10 out of 5s for me and it would only be a total lovefest, which I do sometimes, but I'll just have this be conjoined, and second of all (for Lord of the Rings) I have made it a rule not to review Classics, and LOTR in my opinion is a Classic.

About Goliath, I just have to say: WOW. The ending was everything I hoped it would be. You know how sometimes you read a book, and you love the series, but the finale is so different from what you expected, and not in a good way, that it is jarring to read? Well, Goliath is not like that. I won't give anything away for those who plan on reading it, but if you love the series and just haven't had the chance to get your hands on a copy yet, I would suggest you do at the very next opportunity. And if you weren't acquainted with Mr. Westerfeld's Steampunk trilogy, now you are and I HIGHLY recommend them for anyone who likes that genre even a bit.

p.s. If you've never read a Steampunk novel before, they are pretty freakin' awesome, so why not let this series be your first?

Anyway, I hope you all are having a great week!

~ Larissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!