Friday, February 19, 2010

First Poem

Hey guys, this is the first poem that I am putting on the blog

Inspiration

looking up
at that wide expanse
of diamonds
shining
against that infinite sheet of obsidian
you feel so small
dwarfed
and yet
here you stand defiant
when you look at that night sky
you see the past
what was
millions and millions of years ago
you are what is happening now
you are in control of molding your own future
our future
whether this 'we' is us as friends
or we as the human race
it is our future
now
by comparison
those brilliant stars seem dwarfed
you can shine in the darkness
brighter than any star ever could
seeing as your choices are for a better life
to be relished by all
only you can do this
reach out! spur the moment
gaze at that sky
and with each step
the brighter you'll shine

2 comments:

  1. I love the energy and imagery in this poem, Larissa! I can hear your 'voice' in it. I'm so glad you started this blog. I look forward to reading much more from you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I will definitely read anything that is left here. Don't be shy, I'd love to know what you are thinking!